With September here it’s time to take a moment and look back on all the reading that I did in the month of August. After reading barely anything for the last several months I finally managed to break through my very large reading slump and read quite a few books in August. With the weather getting colder and fall not far away I have been spending less time outside and more time reading, which feels great in one way but makes me sad in another. In total I read 10 books in August.
So what did I read in August?
- Maleficent by Elizabeth Rudnick
- The Kingdom of Gods by N.K. Jemisin
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
- Saddles & Spurred by Lorelei James
- The Backyard Homestead by Carleen Madigan
- Seduction of A Highland Lass by Maya Banks
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy, Return of The Padawan by Jeffrey Brown
- Never Love A Highlander by Maya Banks
- The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen
So which was my favorite? I’m going to have to say that it’s a tie between Purple Hibiscus and The Boleyn Deceit. I think I like The Boleyn Deceit just a smidgen more, but honestly these books are so different it’s hard to compare them in any sense. Which was my least favorite? Part of my wants to say Jedi Academy, Return of the Padawan, but a bigger part of me wants to say The Kingdom of Gods. I did not enjoy reading either of these books but I feel as though I suffered more trying to slog through The Kingdom of Gods.
On top of reading I finally finished watching all of the Murder, She Wrote DVDs that I bought a while back. I also took some time to enjoy watching some other shows like Edwardian Farm, Tudor Monastery Farm and several movies that have been siting unwatched on my shelf for some time.