August is here! Can you believe another month has come and gone? This year seems to be flying by. A new month means it is time to set some new goals. Back in June I started making monthly goals and continued to do so in July. I have really been enjoying this new trend in my life. Honestly, it gives me that extra push I need to get things done. So, I want to keep doing this every month. Before we go over my August 2018 goals, let’s take a moment and see how I did with July’s goals.
How I did in July
Overall, I did pretty well with my July goals. In some areas, I slacked a bit, but in others I did amazing.
- Weeding the garden. Well, I sort of kept up with this one, but not as well as I should have.
- Digging up the trees. We got this done at the end of the month!
- Planning a planting bench. This one didn’t happen. But I can also do this later, planting season is done, after all, so no rush on this one.
- Create a cleaning routine. Still working out the kinks with this, but it’s mostly done.
- Read at least 4 books. Yes, I managed to read 8 books.
- Exercise every day. So close! I did skip one day of my 30-day fitness challenge due to traveling, but I made up for it by doing an extra day.
- Use my planner. I mostly stuck to this. My days go much better when I use it.
- Spend time with family. I think I did pretty good with this one. We do enjoy spending time together. We even exercised together, which was awesome.
- Watch 1 season of a show. This was a complete failure. I didn’t put in any TV time this month.
- Blogging goals. For the most part, I did well with these. However, I did not get ahead with my posts.
August 2018 Goals
August is the last month of summer vacation for my son. It is also the month when the garden starts to produce, or at least it usually does. The weather has been a bit dry this summer, so I’m not sure if the harvest will start on time or not.
- Weed the garden. I slacked on this a bit in July and now the weeds are massive. I really need to dedicate a couple of days to give it a thorough weeding and then stick to regularly weeding it again.
- Plant grass seed. Since we managed to dig up the trees finally, it’s time to fill in where they were. I had originally planned to put a raised bed system there, however, I decided to simply plant grass seed. The trees were in the way when we shoveled snow during the winter, so a raised bed would create the same issues.
- Dig up plants. There are a few plants in the garden that are on their last legs. I have tried to keep them alive, however, it’s clear that I have lost the battle. So it’s time to dig them up to prevent any diseases they may have from spreading.
- Continue exercising. The 30-day fitness challenge may be over, but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop exercising.
- Read at least four books. Unlike in July, I am going to break this goal down a bit. I want to finish reading 1 partially read book, and read one full-length novel. The remaining books can be whatever I choose.
- Finalize the cleaning routine. I’d like to put the finishing touches on this so that I can not only stick with it in the future but share it as well.
- Watch 1 season of a series. I’m going to attempt to do this again this month. I really have so many shows that I have been meaning to watch that I just need to start already.
- Start bullet journaling again. I used to use my bullet journal pretty regularly, but then I stopped. I would like to start using it again as a way to keep track of non-blog-related things.
- Use my planner more. I have decided that my planner will focus on blog-related items. I may put a few life items in there, but I want to keep it focused on one thing.
- Try a new recipe. There are so many amazing-looking recipes out there and I really want to expand my cooking knowledge. So this month, I would like to try at least one new recipe.
- Set aside gaming time. I know this sounds like a silly goal. However, I love playing video games, especially World of Warcraft and with the newest expansion coming out in a couple of weeks I need to allow time for playing.
- Start planning for NaNoWriMo. I know it’s only August, but National Novel Writing Month will be here before we know it. I have participated in NaNoWriMo since 2011 and I want to be ready for it this year. This way I won’t be panicking the night before it starts.
- Seal the deck. Our deck is finally done and that means it’s time to seal it. I want to get this done while temperatures are still warm enough to properly apply the sealant.
- Get ahead on posts. If I keep putting this goal up each month, it’s bound to happen eventually. Perhaps August will be the month that I finally get ahead.
- Do some background work. There are a few things I want to update and add to the blog this month. Nothing major, but little things that I have been putting off.
- Take lots of photos. I am usually scrambling to get photos for blog posts and Instagram the day I need them. I want to get as many of these taken ahead of time as possible.
I hope you enjoyed my August 2018 goals. Have you made goals for this month?