Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book.
You know I’ve gotten better about reading books about things I normally wouldn’t have read. That being said there are a few things that make me avoid books like a plague. Now these don’t always make me avoid them, sometimes that certain word or topic can lead to a good story, but for the most part I avoid these ones.
- Vampires. Seriously it’s overdone and half the time they are not vampire enough for me.
- Werewolves. Again way too overdone.
- Vampires & Werewolves. I know what you’re thinking. ‘But you already mentioned both of these!’ Yes, I did, but that was as separate subjects. If I see them together in a book then I will not read it.
- Love. Okay this one is kind of iffy. It’s not that I don’t read romance novels but I just find books with the word love in the title to be off-putting, especially when paired with obnoxiously pick covers.
- Love Triangles. I can’t even express how angry I get when I see a love triangle in books. Stop it, authors! Just stop it!
I think that’s it. Honestly like I said I’m trying to get over my aversion to certain topics in books simply so I can expand my reading bubble but there are those subjects I still avoid at all costs.