Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, we are given a bookish topic to discuss. This week’s theme is Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines. There are so many kick-ass heroines out there in my opinion. I spent a lot of time pouring over all my books deciding on who to include in this list. Admittedly, I changed my mind a good dozen times before finally settling on the ones I picked. Like always, these are listed in no particular order because as far as I’m concerned they are all equal in their kick-assery. Yes, I did just use a fake word.
- Karigan from Green Rider. Karigan has saved the day on numerous occasions and will continue to do so in the future.
- Princess Leia from Star Wars. Yup, I had to include her, I couldn’t truly call myself a Star Wars fan if I didn’t. I may have been introduced to Princess Leia in the movies but the books show her proving herself time and again as a kick-ass heroine.
- Phedre from Kushiel’s Dart. Some may say she is not a heroine but I completely disagree with that. What she went through to help save the kingdom definitely puts her on the list.
- Rhapsody from Rhapsody: Child of Blood. While she isn’t a huge heroine in this book you can see her transitioning into the heroine she will become as the series progresses. She does do some things that certainly classify her as a heroine but I don’t believe she will become truly “kick-ass” until the next book.
- Azhure from the Wayfarer Redemption Series. She doesn’t start out in the heroine limelight but Azhure has to step up to the plate and give her all to help save the say.
- Faraday from Wayfarer Redemption. At first, Faraday might not seem like the heroine type, and compared to Azhure her role may seem less important, but she does have such an important role in the book that she can be considered a kick-ass heroine.
- Magiere from Dhampir. She certainly doesn’t start out as a heroine, in fact, she starts out as a person who scams others. However, as the story progresses Magiere definitely changes her way and becomes the heroine that the world needs her to be.
- Valeria from The Mountain’s Call. She first poses as a boy to get into the Mountain where only boys answer the call, but once her true gender is revealed her true tests begin and then she must work hard to not only regain the respect of the others but to help save the kingdom.
- Morgaine from Mists of Avalon. While she may have been Vivianne’s pawn for a while, once Morgaine broke free she was a definite heroine.
Who are your favorite kick-ass heroines?