Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger.
I am so excited for this topic. There are so many amazing books I have read before I was a blogger and I have been toying with the idea of rereading some of them so that I can enjoy them once more but also to review them as well. While I may still do that exact thing in the future, for the time being listing my top ten books that I read before I was a blogger is a good way to start. So here they are in no particular order.
- Green Rider by Kristen Britain. One of my favorite fantasy novels. This book was published back in 1998 and there are now four in the series, all of which I enjoy as well. Though there are about 4 years wait in between books in this series they are always well worth the wait and I have reread Green Rider several times.
- White Magic Trilogy by Caitlin Brennan. Lumping these three books together because I enjoyed it one and to list them all individually would fill up too much of my list. I loved the characters and the story of this trilogy, and though I feel like there should be another book or two because of the ending of the third book I doubt it will happen. But I am hopeful. Maybe, one day.
- Wayfarer Redemption by Sara Douglass. This one and the next two in the trilogy (Enchanter & Starman) I absolutely loved. The characters, the story, the world, it’s all amazing. I’ve been meaning to reread them so that I can read the next three books in the series with the story fresh in my mind.
- Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton. While this may not necessarily be my favorite Star Wars book in the series it was the first that I read and really enjoyed it. There are problems with it sure, but it started by reading love afair with Star Wars so I can overlook those flaws.
- King of The Wind by Marguerite Henry. This was one of my favorite books growing up as a kid and I lost track of how many times I have read it.
- Dhampir by Barb & J.C Hendee. One of the few books I have read with vampires that I didn’t hate. I have kept up with buying this series but sadly not reading it. I enjoyed the characters and the story and am looking forward to when I can revisit it once again.
- Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I loved the movie and it took me a while to read the book but when I did I thoroughly enjoyed it. Though there are a large number of stories written about King Arthur this is one of my favorites because it is more than just his story.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams. Found out about this book from my brother-in-law and instantly needed to read it. I don’t remember if I read the book first or if I watched the movie but I enjoyed both.
- Arthas: Rise of the Lich King by Christie Golden. This was the first book I read from the World of Warcraft series and also my first Christie Golden book. I loved it, reading about how Arthas changed from the young prince he was at the start to the heartless Lich King was amazing. Having Jaina Proudmoore in the book helped as well.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. This is one of my favorite books of all time, the story of Black Beauty is as heart wrenching as it is beautiful. I have read this a number of times as well as watched the movie more times than I can count. Anyone who hasn’t read this book needs to.
There were so many other books I wanted to put on the list but I forced myself to stick to just these ten. What books were your favorites before you became a blogger?