February has arrived. While January dragged on for a while, as it tends to most years, the second month of the year is not here and it’s time to set new monthly goals. Before I get to my February 2024 goals, I want to take a moment to share how I did with January’s goals.
January was a long month but it gave me plenty of time to work on my monthly goals. I did fairly well with January’s goals.
- Read at least 10 books. Yes, I read more than 10 books. See what I read in January.
- Study Japanese. This is where I failed. I only managed to study about 5 days of the month.
- Watch at least 1 show from my Netflix to-watch list. Yes. I watched 1 season of My Happy Marriage and 1 season of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead. I also watched 4 episodes of Delicious in Dungeon and 1 episode of Ooku: The Inner Chambers.
- Rearrange my reading area. This was one of the first things I did in January. It wasn’t too hard to do and I love how my reading area looks now.
- Complete a digital declutter. Mostly done. There are still some digital files that need to be sorted through, but I managed to tackle nearly all of this.
- Try at least 2 new recipes. Yes. I tried 7 new recipes in January! We loved 6 of them and one of them will be good with improvements.
- Finetune a blog work schedule. Yes. I have a good handle on this now, but I am also finding it necessary to keep this work schedule flexible, as I have to work around my dog’s needs.
- Post regularly. Mostly. I had planned more posts than I posted, however, I decided to rework some instead of posting them, which has delayed their publishing.
- Work on February’s posts. Sort of. I had expected to have most of February’s posts done, but I ended up focusing heavily on updating old posts, so I only have a few of February’s posts ready.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. Yes. I think this was the first month where I actually kept to this goal.
February 2024 goals
While February is a short month, I have quite a bit I want to get done, and I feel like if I manage my time well, I can accomplish all of these goals.
- Read at least 10 books. I’m once again aiming for 10 books in a month. I did well with this last month and I feel like I can do it again in February.
- Study Japanese. Let’s see if I can do better than last month. The goal is to study for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Finish my digital declutter. There’s not much left for this task, mostly going through a number of files on my computer, so this shouldn’t take long.
- Watch 1 show from my Netflix to-watch list. I only have 1 show left on my Netflix list, so I’ll be getting to that this month.
- Watch at least 2 shows on Crunchyroll. I have 100+ anime I want to watch on Crunchyroll, so this month, I’ll be aiming to watch at least 2 of them.
- Reorganize the master bedroom. This is partially done, since we needed to move some things around to accommodate the extra bookshelf going into the room. However, I’d like to finish this project in February.
- Try at least 2 new recipes. I want to try 20 new recipes this year, so I’m aiming to try at least 2 each month.
- Stick to my blog work schedule. After testing out a blog work schedule last month, I will be focusing on tweaking it a bit to make it work better.
- Post regularly. I plan to post 2-3 times per week. If I can post more often that would be fine too.
- Update at least 10 old posts. I have a ton of old posts that need to be updated, so I’m aiming to get at least 10 of those done this month.
- Work on February and March’s posts. I’m a bit behind on February’s posts, so I will be first focusing on those and then prepping as many of March’s posts as possible.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. The goal is to reply to them within 72 hours of receiving a comment.
I hope you enjoyed my February 2024 goals. What goals do you have for February?