It’s hard to believe it is already July. June went by in the blink of an eye. July means we are solidly into the summer and that means plenty of gardening to fill my time with. Not only that, but it’s the perfect time of year to enjoy the outdoors for other reasons. Though much of my time will be spent enjoying the outdoors and working on my garden, I will be continuing with my usual task of setting some goals for the month. Doing this will ensure that I stay on track for getting important stuff done while also working towards some of my bigger goals. Before we get into my July 2022 goals, I want to take a moment to go over how I did with my June goals.
I majorly cut back on my June goals, I knew I would be busy and didn’t want to burn myself out. I’m glad I did this because it did turn out to be quite a hectic month. Even so, I did manage to keep up with the few goals I had set, so I’m happy.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes, I did manage to get quite a few books read in June. Check out what I read.
- Prep garden for planting. There wasn’t a ton to do for this, mostly putting extra soil in pots and some of the raised beds, so this got done quite easily.
- Plant the garden. I would call this a success. I did manage to get about 90% of the garden planted and so far it’s looking fantastic. Having an extra garden space meant that it took much longer to get planting done than in previous years.
July 2022 goals
I am continuing to keep my goals light this month, as I want to be able to enjoy my summer months without constantly worrying about getting stuff done.
- Read at least 10 books. I’m bumping up the number of books I want to read this month. I feel like I should be able to read this many books without issue.
- Clean and organize the shed. This is a much-needed task as over the course of June I completely turned the shed into a disaster, but such is the side-effect of planting season.
- Finish planting the garden. I’ve got a few plants that still need to be put into the garden, mostly those going into pots, so this is a priority goal for the month.
- Weed the garden. Honestly, this is my least favorite part of gardening but I also know how important it is. So, I will be setting aside regular time to get this done.
- Garden maintenance. This involves pruning, removing dead leaves and plants, watering, and all those other generally quick but necessary tasks that keep the garden healthy throughout the growing season. I’ll be doing these tasks as needed throughout the month.
- Work on July’s posts. I’ve been slacking a bit with the blog, so this month I’m trying to get back into it. I will be working on getting back into a regular post schedule, and to do that, I need posts written and ready to schedule.
I hope you enjoyed my July 2022 goals. What goals do you have for the month?