June brings us into summer and that means warmer weather and plenty of time outside in the garden. The first half of this year has gone by fairly quickly, with many months practically sneaking up on me. I have been looking forward to June’s arrival for a while because it means I finally get to work in the garden. I know this month is bound to be busy, but I am excited to see what I can accomplish. Before I get into my June 2023 goals, I’d like to take a moment to go over how I did with my May goals.
May goals review
May was a pretty darn busy month. I knew it would be but then as the end approached, it get even more hectic. Part of the reason is that we added a new puppy to our life, so we spent a good week preparing for that and then adjusting to her being with us.
- Read at least 5 books. That and so much more! Check out all the books I read in May.
- Clear out my Crunchyroll to-watch list. Nope. I never found time to sit down and watch anything.
- Prep the garden for planting. Yes. The garden has been weeded, raked, and for the most part is ready for planting – once we get some nicer weather. I also managed to build two large raised beds to expand the garden even more.
- Clean the shed. Sort of. It ended up worse in the end but for a while, it was less cluttered and chaotic. That’s part of spring though, the shed goes through various stages of chaos until all our outdoor prep is done.
- Start posting regularly. Not quite. I didn’t force myself to sit down and blog much over the month.
June 2023 goals
June is an exciting month. It’s finally nice enough out to officially plant the garden and it’s my birthday month. I will be spending tons of time outside knocking out these many goals and also enjoying the short summer we get. Our new puppy is also bound to keep me pretty occupied but I will do my best to get to all of these goals.
- Read at least 5 books. Even though I will be busy, I am planning to set aside some reading time and get through at least 5 books this month.
- Clear out my Crunchyroll to-watch list. I’ll be working on this once again. At a minimum, I’d like to watch one show but that will all depend on everything else I have going on this month.
- Plant the garden. It’s that time of the year when all those seedlings I have been babying for the past few months get to live outside in the garden.
- Clean the shed. With luck, I will get this done in June. However, this may be a 2-month long job, we’ll see.
- Fence the new garden. I still need to add a fence to the garden expansion I added last year. This is even more important now that we have a new puppy who doesn’t respect the garden area as our older dog does.
- Clean our winter gear. It’s that time of the year when I can finally clean all our winter jackets and books so I can store them.
Those are my June 2023 goals. What goals have you set this month?