Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun.
This is another list that I may have trouble reaching ten on. I don’t read a lot of things I would classify as light and fun, but I will certainly give it a try and who knows maybe in doing this list I can find ten books on my shelf that fit this category. While these may not seem like light or fun reads to some people they are what I would pick up when looking for something along those lines.
- Murder, She Wrote by Jessica Fletcher. Now I’ve only read two of these books so far, but I have found them to be great light reads and have a fun little mystery tied into them as well.
- The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. I’ve read this book a number of times since it’s a quick little read and is a good story as well. Great for horse lovers.
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. It’s a classic and a great story to boot. Great for the young and old alike.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. Another classic and such an amazing story. Even though it’s more of an emotional than fun read it’s a quick but great read that is good no matter how many times you read it.
- If You Ask Me by Betty White. A great fun and quick read. Lots of humor and a good look at Betty White’s career and the many other things she has done.
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. Yes, yet another horse book. This one is very much like Black Beauty in a way and is a really quick read.
- The Quick And The Dead by Louis L’Amour. A great, quick western read that has an interesting story.
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. A fun little retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale.
- Farewell, Dorothy Parker. Not necessarily light but certainly a fun read, it’s got great characters and story and introduces a lot of readers to the legendary Dorothy Parker.
Well I almost made it to ten. I’m sure there are others that I have read that I could put on this list, but at the moment they are eluding me. So what are the books you pick up when you want to read something light and fun?