September is here and that means the arrival of fall is fast approaching. I’m excited that the weather is cooling down and the leaves are already changing. It’s a time of transition and I live for it. September is also inherently a busy month but that won’t stop me from making several goals. I want to keep busy because before long winter will be here, and that will limit what I can do – especially outside. Before we go into my September 2023 goals, I’d like to take a moment to go over how I did with my August goals.
August was a decently busy month. A lot of time was spent dealing with the garden, especially harvesting, but I managed to find time here and there to do other things. I am pretty happy with how I did over the course of the month.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes. I didn’t think I would make this goal but I snuck a few books in at the very end of the month. See what I read in August.
- Clear out my Crunchyroll to-watch list. Yes, I finally managed to find time to watch some shows. I watched 1 season of Tonikawa: Over The Moon for You and 1 season of Why Raeliana Ended Up At The Duke’s Mansion. On top of that, I also watched 2 episodes of Shikimori’s Not Just A Cutie.
- Weed the garden. My husband did most of the work for this, but I did do a bit of weeding throughout the month. Honestly, there weren’t that many weeds in the garden itself, most of them were in the pathways.
- Harvest the garden. There wasn’t much to harvest overall, but I did do two full harvests of the garden thanks to some very cold nights in the forecast.
- Start posting regularly. Yes. While I did miss one week of posting, I was able to keep up a fairly consistent posting schedule.
- Work on updating old posts. Yes. I lost track of how many I updated but I think I can safely say I reached my goal of at least 5 per week.
- Create pin images. I didn’t make quite as many as I had hoped to but some is better than none.
- Work out September’s post schedule. I have a pretty good schedule set up for September and I am really excited about it.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. For the most part, yes. There was one week where I was busy and let the comments sit for a while but eventually got around to replying to them.
September 2023 goals
September is normally one of the busiest months of the year. Between the garden, back to school, and a heavy dose of winter prep, I don’t have a lot of free time. However, I am going to do my best to stick with all the goals I am making.
- Read at least 5 books. As always, I am aiming to read at least 5 books this month.
- Clear out my Crunchyroll to-watch list. I have such a long to-watch list and am slowly working on whittling it down. I hope to watch at least 1 season of a show this month.
- Weed the garden. The weeds haven’t been too bad lately but I don’t want to let them get away. So I will be working on keeping up with them.
- Harvest the garden. There likely won’t be much to harvest this month but I’ll pick what I can.
- Prep the garden for winter. It’s the last month of the grow season so it’s time to start prepping the garden for winter. A big part of this is pulling all the plants that are finished producing.
- Continue to post regularly. I did pretty well with this last month and want to keep the momentum going. My goal is to post 2 times a week.
- Work on updating old posts. This will be a long-term goal as I have a ton of posts that need updating. My goal is to get at least 5 done a week.
- Create pin images. Another long-term goal, especially with so many old posts to work on. I don’t have a set goal of how many to make over the course of the month.
- Work out October’s post schedule. I like knowing what I will be posting well in advance but it’s something I have slacked off on lately. I want to figure out what I will be posting in October and get as many of those posts drafted as possible.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. The goal is to reply to them within 72 hours of receiving a comment.
Those are my September 2023 goals. What goals have you set this month?