Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL-TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years (you can extend it to 5 if you need to).
Oh, this is not an easy list to make. It should be, but it’s not. I am going to cheat just a little and list some series here instead of individual books, since in some of those cases I can’t pick a single book out of a series that is better than the rest. So here they are, in no particular order.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone series. I just can’t pick which book I liked the most, so they are being lumped together. I had my doubts about these ones because of the hype but I absolutely fell in love with the character, worlds and stories.
- The Boleyn Trilogy. Another case where I can’t pick just one book. This trilogy was amazing. It was so well written that I almost wish it was actual history instead of historical fiction.
- The Book Thief. I hesitantly picked this book up, but I’m glad I did because it was fantastic. Sadly the movie didn’t hold up to the awesomeness that was the book.
- The Kindrily Trilogy. Can’t pick a favorite. They were all amazing. Sad it’s over…and yet it’s not.
- Honor Among Thieves. I love Han, so I loved this book. Need more books with this scruffy looking nerf herder.
- The Help. I was late to the party reading this book, but I’m so glad that I finally got around to it. Such an amazing story.
- The Raven Boys. I still haven’t gotten around to reading the other books in the series, but this book was fantastic.
- The King’s Quest Trilogy. This one took me back to my childhood of playing King’s Quest games. It was so great to revisit that world and characters but to have some unfamiliarity added as well.
- The Scorpio Races. I read this one twice, well I read it once and then listened to the audiobook of it. I kind of preferred the audiobook, but each time I loved the story. They need to make this one a movie!
- The Last Unicorn. I initially didn’t like this story, because I watched the movie first and the way the unicorn was drawn bothered me something fierce. But reading the book I fell in love with the story. Plus I got to meet the author last year, so that was even more amazing.
- Kushiel’s Dart. I couldn’t leave this one off the list even though I got ten already. This book was downright amazing. I seriously need to get my butt in gear and read the rest of the series, may re-read this one first though.