Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I Read In 2014 (Overall, By A Particular Genre, 2014 Releases).
I’ve read a lot of great books this year, and some that weren’t so great, so this should be an easy list to make. So here are my top overall books I read in 2014, listed in no particular order.
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. This and the others in the series that I have read so far. I really enjoy this series and cannot wait to finish it.
- Half of A Yellow Sun bu Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche. This was just a fantastic book and I would recommend that everyone read it.
- Days of Blood & Starlight and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. Do I even need to explain these ones? No, I didn’t think so.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Such an exceptional read, shame it took me so long to get to it.
- Fighting For Infinity by Karen Amanda Hooper. This was such a great end of the trilogy. If you haven’t read this trilogy yet you need to do so as soon as possible.
- Grimspace by Ann Aguirre. I hadn’t expected to like this but really enjoyed it. Now I’m eager to read the rest of the series.
- Tarkin by James Luceno. The story of Tarkin before his pride got him killed on the Deathstar, what’s not to like?
- The Boleyn Deceit and The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen. These two books were fantastic and brought this trilogy to a great end. Highly recommend.
- Destiny, Rewritten by Kathryn Fitzmaurice. Wasn’t sure about this one when I started it but loved it in the end.
- Seduction of A Highland Lass and Never Love A Highlander by Maya Banks. Really great books and a great trilogy.