Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Ten Book-Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!).
- Not enough reading time. Pretty sure everyone has this problem. I want to read all the time, but I don’t always have the time to read. Or what time I do have seems all too short.
- Too many books to read. Kind of in connection with the above, I have so many books that I want to read but I have one heck of a time getting to them all because then new books come out and I want to read those too.
- Losing bookmarks. In an age of e-readers I still much prefer physical copies of books, and that means I need bookmarks. But my issue is constantly losing them.
- Series addiction. I have a bad habit of starting all kinds of series but rarely finishing those series. I’ve been slowly working to fix this, but it’s a slow battle.
- Ignoring things so I can read. I try not to do it, but every now and then I ignore the household work so that I can sneak in another chapter or two of the book I’m currently reading.
- Buying books when I could borrow them from the library. I like going to the library, but they rarely have the book I want so I have to wait a week or more before I can even read it. So I end up just buying a book instead of borrowing it. Plus this way I can reread it at any time without the wait time of borrowing it again.
- Taking over any and all empty space in the house for more bookshelves. Ignoring the fact that I have nine bookshelves I still keep needing more and more to house all my new books, but the house can’t handle anymore shelves.
- Judging a book by it’s cover. In my defense though, I’m right about it 95% of the time. Bad cover almost always equals bad book.
- Being in a bad book club. Can it really be called a book club when they rarely read the book and never discuss it at the meetings? No, I don’t think it can. I hope to find a real book club one day.