Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie topic. So after a lot of thought, I have decided to do the top ten books/series I am giving up on.
I know this is a bit of an odd topic, but bear with me. This year, I decided to go through my shelves and do a purge of them. In starting this I discovered many books that after months (or in some cases years) I have little to no interest in reading anymore. I fully intended to read them when I purchased them way back when, but now they are just taking up space on my shelf and bringing me no joy. So I figured I’d honor these books one last time by listing them here. So, without further ado, here are the top ten books/series I am giving up on.
- Gone With The Respiration series by Lia Habel. I don’t even remember why I bought these books, but I did, and now I just can’t see myself reading them.
- Silver Wolf, Black Falcon by Dennis McKiernan. I have owned this book for 15+ years, tried to read it once, hated it but didn’t want to give it up. So after sitting for this long and not being touched for a second time it’s time to let it go.
- There Will Be Dragons by John Ringo. Same as above.
- Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I’m sorry Tolkien fans, but I just can’t read these books. I even feel asleep during the movies I was that bored, so it’s time to remove these books from the shelf.
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. It’s a classic, and thus I have no idea why I bought it because I know I will never read it. Classics and me do no get along.
- Marley & Me by John Grogan. Bought it, then watched the movie, then decided there was no point to read the book. I know, the book will have so much more in it, but I just don’t want to read it.
- Relentless by Dean Koontz. I bought several of his novels and after reading a few of them I knew the rest were destined to collect dust. Time to cull them from the shelves.
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Bought this one on a whim but I just have no interest in it.
- Rhiannon’s Ride Trilogy by Kate Forsyth. This trilogy had sounded so interesting. I tried reading the first book a few times but just couldn’t get past the horrible dialogue of the characters.
- The Godfather’s Revenge by Mark Winegardner. Okay, so I kinda totally hated The Godfather, and sure this one is written by a different author, but I just can’t bring myself to read it.
So there you have it, the top ten books and series I am giving up on. There were so many others I could have put on this list, but I decided to simply list the ones that got pulled off my self first. Have you given up on any books or series lately?