Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is all about recommendations. So I am going to go with my Ten Graphic Novel And Manga Recommendations.
I’ve been reading more and more manga and graphic novels lately, and I’ve really been enjoying them (perhaps too much because I keep ignoring my older books in favor of manga I have recently bought). So I’d like to highly some of the ones I have read recently and really enjoyed.
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples. Is this a surprise to anyone? This series is amazing and if you haven’t started it yet, you need to. Cannot wait for the next volume to come out.
- Erased by Kei Sanbe. I’m only two volumes in, because that’s all that’s released so far, but man, talk about a story that sucks you in.
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier. This was such a wonderful and unique story. I loved it, my son enjoyed it, now I just need to get hubby to read it.
- A Silent Voice Yoshitoki Oima. A story about a deaf girl who got bullied, her bully and their growth from that moment on.
- A Bride’s Story by Kaoru Mori. This series is filled with rich art and a wonderful story to boot. It’s not something I thought I would enjoy, but I’m loving this one.
- Wolf Children by Mamoru Hosoda. I didn’t absolutely love this one, but the more I think about it, the more I appreciate the story. The anime was good as well.
- Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba. I haven’t read all of these yet, but I’ve really enjoyed what I have read and will be finishing this series soon.
And now some honorable mentions for series that have been recommended to me, both directly and indirectly, but I haven’t read yet.
- Orange by Ichigo Takano.
- The Ancient Magnus’ Bride by Kore Yamazaki.
- Nausicca of The Valley of The Wind by Hayao Miyazaki.
- Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya.