The second last month of 2022 has arrived and it’s hard to believe that the year is nearly over. While the impending new year may not be on many minds, it is on mine. However, we first need to get through the next two months. November is no different than any other month when it comes to goal setting. It’s another 30 days worth of getting stuff done. However, the one difference will be the number of goals this month, which is greatly reduced. This will be a relaxing month for the most part. Before we get into my November 2022 goals I’d like to take a moment to look back to see how I did with October’s goals.
October was a pretty busy month, with much of our energy going toward getting various tasks done before the cold weather set in. It was hard work but it’s such a great feeling to have it all done.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes! I was surprised by how many books I read in October.
- Deep clean the house. This was a major project that took the first half of the month to complete but it’s done. It’s nice to have a super clean house going into winter.
- Install the canoe rack. Yes! This was one of the first things we did in October and it’s nice to finally have a proper place to store the canoe for the winter.
- Clean and organize the shed. Yes. There may be one or two things that still need to be stored away over the next week or so, but much like the house, the shed got a thorough cleaning and is well organized.
- Catch up on anime. I made sure to set aside some time for this and ended up watching 20 episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon. It’s nice to finally have that series fully watched.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of Island of the Sea Wolves and 1 season of Childen of the Whales.
- Weed the garden. Not quite. A few weeds were pulled but honestly, I got lazy and decided to skip this step. I’ll kick myself come spring when all those weeds come back strong but at the moment it felt like the right decision.
- Add gravel to garden paths. Yes, it finally got done. Took quite a few bags of gravel but the paths are filled and look great.
- Clean and store garden tools. This happened when we cleaned the shed, so the tools are taken care of.
- Work on October’s posts. Sort of. I did get a couple of posts done but not as many as I had planned.
November 2022 goals
November means one thing – NaNoWriMo! That’s right, the month of novel writing has arrived and that means the goals get a drastic cutback so I can focus much of my energy on writing. Of course, I am still feeling the side effects of my year of writing, so this NaNoWriMo may be interesting if I can’t break through that writing slump. Besides writing, I am keeping it simple this month and making mostly fun goals.
- Read at least 5 books. I still want to do some reading this month and 5 books sound manageable.
- Watch 1 season of a show. The month can’t all be about creating words. In my downtime, I plan to watch some TV and hopefully will be able to get through an entire season of a show.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. This is the biggest goal of the month, as the challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days is always something I look forward to and participate in. Much of my time this month will be dedicated to writing.
- Work on November’s posts. I don’t have grand blogging plans for this month, but I will be setting some time aside to work on blog posts
Those are my November 2022 goals. What goals have you set for the month?