Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels (they were complete stories but you just could have read more and more about these characters or set in that world).
I read a lot of series so this may be hard for me to come up with ten books I would want sequels for. Let’s give it a go and see what I can come up with.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I would kill for a sequel of this book. I need more Puck and Sean and capaill uisce. I want to see more of Thisby. I would even settle for a book set in the same world but either in the past or future. I just need more!
- Ghost Planet by Sharon Fisher. I quite enjoyed this book but there felt like there could be so much more to it. I want to know more about the past, how the ghosts came to be. But I also want to see what happens in the future, now that things have changed fairly drastically on that planet.
- Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake. I know. I know! It already has a sequel, which I loved by the way. But I want more Anna and Cas.
- Farewell, Dorothy Parker by Ellen Meister. It might be neat to return to this and see just how Violet is doing now with her life. It was clear things had gotten better at the end of the book but did they continue or did she start to fall down a bad path again?
- World War Z by Max Brooks. Let’s skip into the future a bit on this, five, ten perhaps even twenty years. Are the zombies still a problem? Or have they been fully wiped out now allowing the world to be rebuilt? Is there possibly a new threat to humanity now?
- Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. I know this book covered both the story from the past and what was happening in the present but I just crave so much more from this story. I’m sure that there is more to tell even if it’s about some of the more minor characters.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. I know that Black Beauty’s story was pretty much covered in this book from his birth to his peaceful end. But what about a sequel that tells of what happened to Sugarfoot before and after these event. Or even Ginger’s full story, as sad as that would be. There is lots of sequel potential.
Now how about some books that shouldn’t have had sequels!
- The Shining by Stephen King. Yes, there had been a time when I wanted to read both this book and it’s soon to be released sequel, Doctor Sleep. But now? I think it’s a horrible idea to revisit this story let alone allow a sequel to happen.
- In Death series by J.D. Robb. I read the first book, hated it and I really can’t see how this series has reached over thirty books when the plot of every books seems identical to the one before it.
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark. Another book I just didn’t understand what all the hype was about. It was pretty terrible and the fact that there are more coming in the series makes me sad.
So there you have it. Some of the books I would love to see sequels of and a few books that I feel would have been better off without sequels. What books do you want to see sequels of?