June is over and with it, we shift into the second half of 2019. Where has the time gone? July’s arrival means it’s time for monthly goals. June was a crazy busy month, and as it sits, I have no idea what July will be like. It could be busy or quiet. Before I share my July goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with my June Goals.
How did I do with my June goals?
- Read at least 10 books. Just barely. I still read every day, but certainly didn’t put as many hours into it as in previous months. Check out what I read in June.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Surprisingly, this didn’t happen. Despite being busy, I did try to set aside some time to watch shows. However, the season I intended to watch didn’t turn out to be something I wanted to see through to the end. Thus it didn’t happen. However, I did watch 4 episodes of Fruits Basket, 4 episodes of The Rising of The Shield Hero, 5 episodes of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, and 7 episodes of Re: ZERO -Starting Life In Another World-.
- Try 1 new recipe. I don’t think I did this. Ah well, there is always next month.
- Write 1-2 chapters. Not even close. I barely had time to do blog work, so novel writing took a complete back seat.
- Walk every day. Yes. We missed one day due to rain but otherwise, we were out there every day walking for an hour.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. Not quite. I missed about a week’s worth of days over the course of the month thanks to being so busy. Even so, I put in many hours learning and reviewing, so I am making good progress.
- Plant the garden. I honestly wasn’t sure this would happen, since the weather wasn’t exactly garden friendly for a while. However, at the end of the month approached, we finally were able to get it done. Even the front flower garden was planted and that one normally doesn’t get much or any attention.
- Home improvement projects. Yes! We finished updating all of the garden paths and they look so dang good! Well worth the many hours of shoveling and sifting dirt and rocks. We also managed to give our computer room a fresh coat of paint. The room is beautiful now and I love spending time in it. Painting the room also gave us the opportunity to do a massive declutter of this room.
- Update 5 posts. Yes. I managed to update 4 posts that had not previously been updated. A post that was previously updated got a secondary update when I noticed a few things that were missed the first time around.
- Get ahead on posts. Nope! I was ahead in the first and last week of the month. However, the middle of the month was a complete write-off.
- Create new pin images. Yes. I’m not a huge fan of making pin images, but I did get some new ones made. I also started to slowly add some of them to my Pinterest.
I’m honestly not sure how busy this month will be. May and June were extremely busy months, however, we’ve tackled a lot of the projects we had going, so July might be not so busy.
- Read at least 10 books. We all knew this would be the first goal. I love reading after all. Let’s see how much of my TBR I can knock out this month, but at the minimum, I’m aiming for 10 books.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I am so close to knocking out all of my to-watch-list. Oh, more will be added in the future, but for now, I just want to clear it out. Watching at least 1 season each month will help me reach that.
- Try 1 new recipe. This again! No, but seriously, I love trying new recipes. So it has to be included.
- Write 1-2 chapters. I’m hoping this one happens, especially if we end up not being overly busy this month.
- Walk every day. Exercise, fresh air and possibly sunshine. What’s not to like?
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. This will be an ongoing goal for me. I am making good strides at learning the language and if I keep it up I may even be fluent one day. Wouldn’t that be neat!
- Weed the garden. Now that it’s planted, I need to make sure it stays weed-free. This is the one part of gardening that I don’t like, but I know it must be done.
- Home improvement projects. We knocked out a lot of these in May and June, however, there are still a few I want to do. Fingers crossed I can get them all done in July.
- Update 5 posts. I consider this a regular part of blogging now. Even if it’s just fixing grammar and spelling mistakes, it’s important to do.
- Get ahead on posts. I can do it!
- Create new pin images. Okay, I’ve finally reached the point where I don’t hate this task. Yes, it’s time-consuming but I need to get it done. My new pins are pretty awesome looking.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. I’ve been meaning to do this for a long time now. So July is the month it will finally happen!
- Update my ‘About me’ page. I feel like it’s time this gets a bit of an update.
Have you made any July goals? What is your biggest goal for the month?