The sixth month of 2021 has arrived! the halfway point of the year is looming and yet we have so much left as well in order to work on ourselves and our goals. Setting goals has become a monthly task for me over the last few years. Setting a list of goals each month, ones that will help me work today’s bigger goals and those that help me have fun, truly make my months productive and better. Each month allows me to assess how well I did in the previous month and adjust my goals as needed. Before we get to my June 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with my May goals.
May shall be known as the month stuff didn’t get done. I knew it would be busy, so I cut back on goals, but then a few things happened, all of them good, but they kept me from working on a lot of my goals over the month.
- Read 5 books. Close but not quite. See what I read in May.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Horimiya.
- Workout every day. Not even close. I think I worked out maybe 5 days over the course of the month.
- Plant the garden. I did get a few things planted, like lettuce, spinach, potatoes, and onions.
- Study Japanese for an hour a day. Nope. I absolutely slacked on this for over half of the month.
- Learn 10 kanji. Almost. I learned 7 new kanji in May.
- Journal every day. Nope. I think I journaled twice this month.
- Work on my novel project. I did get some work done on my 2020 NaNoWriMo novel project, but not as much as I had hoped to.
- Outline a short story. Yes, I still need to do some work on this, as it’s my first time doing a short story, however, I think I have a pretty solid outline.
- Work on May and June’s posts. I failed at May’s posts but I did get a few of June’s posts done.
- Update old posts. Yes, this was a resounding success. I updated 55 posts!
- Create new pin images. I didn’t make as many as I wanted to, but I did get a few made.
- Take a blogging course. Yes. Sadly, the course I took was not very good.
- Create an email sign-up freebie. Almost, I did get this started but I wasn’t able to finish it.
- Tidy up the blog. I’ll call this one a success. There are still some odds and ends I need to get done but a lot of the little tasks did get completed this month.
June 2021 goals
June is an exciting month. It’s my birthday month, the garden season officially starts and it also ushers in the start of summer. Needless to say, I know it will be another busy month, so I will be keeping my goals to a minimum so I don’t burn out.
- Read 5 books. As always, I want to read at least 5 books this month.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Another fun goal. I know what show I want to watch this month.
- Workout 5 days a week. I’m changing my everyday workout plan to be 5 days a week this month.
- Plant the garden. It’s officially the month when the garden can be planted. I’m looking forward to getting everything planted.
- Study Japanese for an hour a day. I’m actually changing the way I learn Japanese this month to see if it makes a difference, but overall I will still be working towards an hour of study a day.
- Learn 10 kanji. As always, I’m aiming to learn 10 kanji, which includes learning the stroke order and how to read it.
- Journal every day. I really hoping to get back into regularly journaling. Plus it helps to add to my daily word count for my year of writing.
- Work on my novel project. There is plenty to do to get my first draft of the 2020 NaNoWriMo novel project completed. So I will be working on that again this month.
- Work on June and July’s posts. I’m planning to once again get ahead on the blog, so I will be working on quite a few posts written this month.
- Create new pin images. A never-ending blog task but it’s worth the effect. I don’t have a set number to make in a month, just as many as I can make.
- Finish the email sign-up freebie. I want to get this finished this month so I can add it as a sign-up incentive.
Those are my June 2021 goals. What goals are you working towards this month?