The tenth month of 2021 has arrived. We are now officially in the last quarter of the year and the time truly is flying by. October is the month when fall truly arrives, the trees are filled with yellows and oranges, and the air is taking on a crisp feeling. Like all other months, I will be setting a number of goals to keep me busy throughout the month and allow me to work toward some bigger goals as well. Before we dive into my October 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to look back at how I did with my September goals.
September was a decently busy month. I knew it would be that way, so that’s why I adjusted my goals to reflect that. Even though I was running around getting all kinds of tasks done, I still managed to keep up with my goals and have some relaxing time along the way.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes! This was a huge resounding success despite the busy month. See what I read in September.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of The Quintessential Quintuplets and 1 season of Fruits Basket.
- Workout 3 days a week. Not quite. My knees were being a total pain all month long but I got in small workouts here and there.
- Weed the garden. For the most part, yes. Weeds are one of those things that need constant attention to deal with. But I did get a lot pulled whenever I was in the garden.
- Harvest the garden. Yes, the garden has been essentially fully harvested at this point. See my garden update.
- Preserve the harvest. Yes, I got a lot of dehydrating, canning, and freezing done.
- Clean and organize the shed. Yes. There are still a couple of things to get done, like putting the BBQ away, but that will happen soon enough.
- Study Japanese for 30 minutes a day. Not quite every day but darn close.
- Learn 5 kanji. Yes. The kanji are getting more difficult but I did manage to learn 5 new kanji this month.
- Work on one of my writing projects. I wasn’t planning to get a lot of writing done this month with everything I had going on. Even so, I did manage to get a decent amount of writing done. It was mostly writing notes and working on outlines for a story I am working on revamping this year. I might not have written as much this month as needed to help me reach my year of writing goals but even a few words are better than nothing.
- Work on September and October’s posts. Sort of. I did slack off a bit with September’s posts, mostly because my focus was elsewhere. However, I have managed to get a number of posts done for October already.
October 2021 goals
October will be a semi-busy month, with a lot of focus on writing. Now that the chaos of late summer and early fall have passed, I can focus back on writing, especially getting ready for NaNoWriMo. There are some other regular goals mixed in this month as well.
- Read at least 5 books. It should come as no surprise that this is my first goal. Every month I try to read at least 5 books.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Having something to watch throughout the month is a nice way to give me a break from my other goals. My list of shows to watch has grown recently, so I need to start putting a dent in them.
- Workout 3 days a week. My knees may have held me back last month, but this time around I would like to do a minimum of 3 days a week of exercise.
- Clean and store garden tools. Now that the garden season is done, all that’s left to do is clean the garden tools and properly store them for the winter.
- Study Japanese for 30 minutes a day. I would like to spend a minimum of 30 minutes learning Japanese. This will include reading, writing, and listening skills.
- Learn 5 kanji. I feel as though 5 is a good number to aim for. As I am not only wanting to learn their meaning and how to read them but the proper stroke order when writing them. If I can learn more than 5 that will be a nice bonus.
- Get ready for NaNoWriMo. This is the month of NaNoWriMo prep. I need to figure out what story I am working on, ensure I have all necessary notes, outlines, and character sheets ready.
- Work on one of my writing projects. Even though I will be working on a lot of NaNoWriMo prep, I still want to work on another existing project in the meantime. I know which story I will be working on, so it’s purely a matter of getting the words down.
- Work on October and November’s posts. I have a pretty good start on October’s posts already, so beyond finishing the remaining posts, I want to get a head start on November’s posts.
Those are my October 2021 goals. What goals are you working on this month?