December is here! Can you believe we are in the final month of 2018? This year has gone by so fast and yet I don’t mind because I have accomplished so much already. A new month means a new set of goals and I’m ready to finish 2018 off strong. But, before I share my December goals with you, I need to go over how I did with my November goals.
How I did in November
- Complete NaNoWriMo. Didn’t quite hit this goal, but I did get some writing done. I will be sharing how it all went soon, so stay tuned for that.
- Declutter the bedroom. As predicted, there wasn’t much to do here, but it’s done. There may be a few remnants in the closet, but I will have to deal with those when it’s not overflowing with hidden Christmas gifts.
- Organize the bedroom. Outside of the closet, I would say this is done. That small space will be dealt with after Christmas.
- Do more canning. Nope, didn’t happen. This also caused me to run out of homemade BBQ sauce.
- Try a new recipe. While not completely new, we did make crockpot honey-garlic chicken using a different recipe than the last time we made it. I would say we liked this version better than the first time I made it several months ago.
- Watch some things on the PVR. Yes! In fact, I completely cleared it out. I watched about 6 episodes of Dr. Pimple Popper, 6 episodes of Deadliest Catch, a few episodes of The Incredible Dr. Pol, and a three-part documentary called Dian Fossey: Secrets In The Mist.
- Paint the kitchen and entryway. Done! We did this at the beginning of the month while we still had decent weather. I’m so happy with how it all looks.
- Read 1 book. Yes! Not only did I read one, but I read 5! I ended up reading, A Bride’s Story Volume 10, Erased Volume 5, Shaman King Volumes 1 & 2, and One Second After by William R. Forstchen. I also started reading another book but didn’t quite have time to finish it.
- Stay ahead with the blog. I would say this was a 99% success. I did miss one blog post, but that was in the midst of our painting and I just didn’t have the time or desire to do anything.
- Prepare for Blogmas. Though I didn’t get everything prepared for Blogmas, I did get a pretty good head start on it, so I’m happy with that.
Since it’s the last month of the year, I made sure to have a look at some of my long-term goals to make sure I have tackled most, if not all of them. As we are coming into the holiday season, I am not going to set too many goals for myself, so that I can spend plenty of time with my husband and son.
- Read at least four books. I really need to get back into regularly reading, and preferably several books in a month, but I know that December can be a bit busy with holiday prep. That’s why I am keeping the number low this month, but who knows, I may read more.
- Learn to crochet. I’ve been wanting to learn how to crochet for a while now. After buying yarn and hooks, then watching quite a few YouTube videos, I think I am ready to actually start giving it a try. I did play around with it a bit in November but haven’t given it enough attention to say that I really did anything.
- Watch one season of a show. I was doing pretty well with this in the previous months, but then I let this slide. So I need to get back to this so I can get back to knocking out my to-be-watched list.
- Try a new recipe. I think I left enough room in the meal plan to try something new. If not, we can get a bit creative.
- Make and can BBQ sauce. Since I failed to do this last month, and we are now out of homemade BBQ sauce, I need to make sure I get this done sometime in December.
- Continue to stay ahead on posts. I’ve been doing good with this lately, so I want to keep this momentum moving forward as the year comes to a close.
- Complete all Blogmas posts. I have a decent start on this, but I still have quite a few posts that need to be done. Mostly I’m excited about the challenge it presents. It’s a lot of posts!
- Start planning out posts for January. A new year is coming and I’m excited to see what it holds for the blog. It’s time to start figuring out what some of the first posts of the new year will be.
- Growing follower numbers. This is a broad goal, as it encompasses social media followers as well as blog followers. I don’t want to set any specific number, but I would like to see growth in all of these follower numbers.
What are your December goals?