March is here and that means it’s time to set up my goals for the month. I don’t know about you, but February went by far too quickly. Of course, it is a short month, but even so, it did seem to come and go before I really had time to really appreciate it. Even when the previous month flies by, I always look forward to a new month. It means I have a new set of goals to work towards and new opportunities to explore. March goals are a bit similar to February’s, but I am working on adding a new thing each month, so I can continue to expand what I get done. Before I share what my March goals are, let’s take a moment to see how well I did with February’s goals.
How did I do with my February goals?
- Read at least 10 books. Yes! I ended up reading 24 books. You can read my thoughts on them.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. Yes. I watched 1 season of Carmen Sandiego, 1 season of Blue Planet II, 1 season of Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-, 1 season of Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online, 1 season of Fruits Basket, and 1 season of Watership Down. On top of this, I watched 4 episodes of Sword Art Online Alicization, 4 episodes of That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime, 4 episodes of The Rising of the Shield Hero, and 7 episodes of Girly Airforce.
- Try 2 new recipes. I made from-scratch bagels, which turned out phenomenally. We also tried a few non-official recipes, cooking our chicken in ways we had never tried before. so yes, I would call this one a success.
- Make at least 5 crochet items. Yes! I made 2 dishcloths, a coaster for hubby’s desk, and 2 small hearts.
- Eat from the freezer and pantry. Yes! We had made our meal plan to work towards this even before the month had started, which helped us use up a few items that may have otherwise continued to sit in our cupboards. Doing this cut our grocery bills nearly in half. February’s groceries cost us $215.17 and our normal monthly grocery budget is $400. So we are happy with that.
- Start writing again. Not in the slightest. I barely even gave this one thought and certainly didn’t do any writing outside of blog post work.
- Grow social media. I think I did pretty well with this one. Twitter is still the one that grows the most, however, I did see growth among my other social media as well.
- Get ahead on posts. I will call this a semi-success. I did get ahead for part of the month, but then I also missed a week’s worth of posts out of sheer laziness.
- Update 5 old posts. Yes! I think I actually did 6 posts over the course of the month.
There are a number of goals this month that will be repeated from the previous month. The reason being is that these are things I want to do each month and listing them here keeps me accountable.
- Read at least 10 books. I think 10 books is a good number to aim for. This will help me put another small dent in my to-be-read pile.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. Much like my TBR, I have a huge to-be-watched list, so watching 3 seasons in a month will help to knock out a nice bit of that.
- Try 1 new recipe. I really enjoy trying new recipes, so this will likely be a regular occurrence on my goals list. If I can try one new recipe a month, then I will be happy.
- Eat from the freezer and pantry. Yes, we are continuing this. I really want to use up a lot of what we have already. We have been doing so well with this, I see us having no problem continuing that throughout this month as well.
- Pick a story to write. I didn’t get around to doing this last month, so this month I want to set aside time to read over all of my story ideas and finally pick one to focus on and see through to the end.
- Write 1-2 chapters. Once I have a story picked out. I want to write at least one chapter, but two would be even better.
- Make 1 large and 3 small crochet projects. Now that I’ve got a better hold on crochet, I think it’s time to expand on what I am making. So I am aiming to tackle 1 large project along with a few smaller ones as well. I have yarn that needs to get used up, so I will figure something out.
- Sort through seeds. Though the gardening season is still a few months away, I need to take stock of the seeds that I have and figure out what ones I will need to get. This is the perfect time to do it.
- Update 5 posts. Not all of my older posts need to be updated, but I still want to go through them and make sure they receive any needed updates. This will also give me time to catch any spelling or grammatical errors that may have slipped through.
- Grow social media. Once again, I’m not going to set a number goal, I just want to see growth. I am going to try to put a bit more effort into Pinterest and Instagram this month to see if I can get those ones to grow a bit more.
- Get ahead on posts. I feel less stressed about blogging if I’m not throwing together last-minute posts. So getting and staying ahead is important. Perhaps this will be the month I finally get ahead.
- Create new pin images. This is something I have been meaning to do for a while. So this month, I will start working on new pin images so I have some variety.
Those are my goals for March. Have you set goals for the month? Or do you prefer weekly goals?