Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR.
Making these lists always make me realize how many books I want to read during a certain time of the year, but I also usually end up failing miserably when it comes to actually reading them when I intend to. But I am going to try really hard to stick to this list and get these books read over the winter. So here they are in no particular order.
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. I had wanted to read this book from the moment I finished Daughter of Smoke & Bone but I didn’t have it on my shelf. Then I got it, intended to read it right away and then it just sat there for months on end.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. This was another book I wanted to read as soon as I finished the prior book but never got around to. I so badly want to find out what happens next and be caught up before the third book comes out.
- Silent Harmony by Michele Scott. I can’t say no to a book revolving around horses. But apparently I can delay reading said book for a long time. I’d like to get this one read before the next book is released.
- Antigoddess by Kendare Blake. I loved her Anna series and couldn’t wait to get my hands on another of her books. Of course getting my hands on a book and actually reading it are two very different things.
- Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. I had actually started this book shortly after finishing the first, got about 70 pages in, set it down to tend to some review books and never picked it back up. It’s time to pick it back up, and likely start from page one, so that I can finally read this one completely.
- Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon. This is another one that can be added to the ‘I wanted to read the sequel immediately but never did’ pile.
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. I seriously love the movie but have never read the book. I have been told by a number of individuals that I must read it and so winter seems like a good time to do so.
- Stormrage by Richard A Knaak. When I stopped playing World of Warcraft I planned to read all the book set in that world. I read quite a few but this one, along with a few others, remain unread and that needs to be changed.
- See No Weevil by Kenyon Morr. The third book in the King’s Quest trilogy I am so looking forward to reading this one but at the same time I really don’t want it to be over with already.
- Redemption by B.J. Daniels. I had planned to read this one when it was released in January of this year but clearly that didn’t happen. Now I need to catch up on this series even more since another book has been released.
There is definitely a disturbing number of sequels on this list and if I am ever to finish the large number of series I have on the go I need to get working on these. A cold, snow winter is the perfect time to start catching up on all these unfinished series as well as knocking out a few stand alone novels, and of course I will inevitably be starting addition series while I’m at it.